How to Make an Engineering Support Request for IronPDF
We appreciate your taking the time to help us improve IronPDF and resolve any issue you may be experiencing. The vast majority of our features and updates are driven by customer requests, and we consider software development a 2-way conversation between our customers and our developers.
To provide support, our engineering team will need to be able to efficiently replicate an issue and create regression tests. Most issues we see are platform or runtime specific. As such, we need to be provided with extremely concise information.
Please send all support requests to firstname.lastname@example.org .
A Concise, Clear Description of the Issue
A good technical report must include enough information to reproduce the issue. Imagine you are reporting the issue to a colleague or posting on stack overflow.
A bug report should contain:
- A clear description of the symptoms experienced and any ideas you may have regarding their cause.
- Log Files (see below)
- Environment: IronPDF Version, OS, Java runtime version, and exact cloud environment (if applicable)
Please include as many of the following as possible, to prioritize your ticket.
- Example Project that fully reproduces the issue (see below)
- A stack-overflow style code snippet (please do not screenshot code)
- Screenshots of symptoms / exceptions
- Exception message text (Exception + Inner Exception)
- At which debugging point does the process stop working or escape in the code?
- Input parameters and Assets: URL, HTML, HTML File, Image, PDF, CSS, etc.
How to Attach IronPDF Log Files
Attaching Log Files to your bug report more than doubles the probability that we can help.
NOTE: IronPDF has some detailed error logging capabilities which need to be enabled.
How to Enable Logs
Place the following code at the top of your code, prior to running any other IronPdf methods:
Also ensure that you have the
SLF4J dependency in your
If you do not have a
pom.xml file in your project, ensure that you have the
slf4j-simple JAR file downloaded and that it is referenced in your project.
How to Attach an Example Project
An example project that accurately replicates an entire issue in isolation enables our engineers to simply and swiftly recognize and understand an issue.
This is the gold standard for reproducibility and will generally expedite a support request to the top of the stack.
Our preferred format is a zipped, simple, standalone Java console or web app project:
- Please enable full sharing when sending a Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Please also include:
- Input files (working and non-working), including PDFs, referenced assets (CSS, images)
- Output PDFs (if applicable) and / or the expected output