IronPDF Runtimes Folder
IronPDF requires the runtimes folder be included in a project/deployment.
Failing to include this folder will throw the following exceptions:
- ExceptionMessage: "Failed to locate native library at path 'C:\path-to\your-app\chrome_elf.dll"
- Deploy using the Publishing Wizard from within Visual Studio and select Portable as the target runtime (this will automatically include the runtimes folder)
- If unable to use Visual Studio to manage your deployment, manually copy the runtimes folders from a development machine into the bin folder in your production machine
For customers with multiple projects, to avoid requiring multiple runtimes folders:
- Use the Windows installer to install a single IronPdf.dll that you can reference for all of your projects
- Installing IronPDF in a separate PDF rendering microservice, and call from individual projects