Read PDF Files
Read PDF documents in C# .NET Applications using the PdfDocument.ExtractAllText method in the IronPDF library.
This PDF reader & parser library is particularly good at accurately extracting text with support for whitespace, formatting and Unicode and UTF-8 character reading. It also supports opening and reading the contents of password protected PDF documents in all .NET programming languages such as VB.NET and C#. We can also use .NET to read the text content from Specific pages and also read all embedded image files as well.
IronPDF allows developers to easily extract the full text and images from almost any PDF file. This PDF OCR behavior is particularly useful when building search indexes.
Reading a PDF can be a challenging task in C#. IronPDF allows developers to easily extract the full text and images from almost any PDF file.
This PDF OCR behaviour is particularly useful when building search indexes. Download the IronPDF library, a complete solution to all your problems related to PDF files.
How to Read PDF file in C#
- Download Read and Write PDF C# Library
- Install with Nuget to Test the Library
- Extract Images or Text from PDF
- Find Words in Specific Documents
- View PDF Output
What features does IronPDF provide?
This PDF reader & parser library is particularly good at accurately extracting text with support for whitespace, formatting and Unicode and UTF-8-character reading.
Its features include:
- Extract plain text from pdf file
- Extract images from existing pdf file
- Find precise text and images for each page in the document
One of the most helpful features the IronPDF library provides are:
- PDF signatures - this helps you digitally sign a pdf or even add additional signatures after editing
- Form filling – this helps you fill the specific fields of a pdf form
- User permissions and passwords – this helps opening and reading the contents of password protected PDF documents and restricting unauthorized use
Manipulating PDF Documents
With all the exciting features mentioned above, it still has more features to manipulate the PDF documents in the easiest way. It helps to:
- Merge and Join PDF pages
- Copy, Add, and Remove pages
- Rotate pages
- Add, edit and remove PDF outlines
Besides all this, PDF imaging, PDF file IO are also important features available in IronPDF library. These features include:
- Convert any number of images to PDF file in one line of code
- Convert PDF pages to images
- Extract embedded images to an existing PDF file
- Image supported formats (BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG and TIFF)
- Convert any PDF document into a PrintDocument object
- Programmatically send PDF files to a printer without Adobe reader
- PDF files can be loaded or saved from files, Binary data or MemoryStreams
Try IronPDF for Free
With all these easy and simple to use features for reading, writing and converting a PDF document, give a try to our user-friendly library by downloading this file and install the DLL package for IronPDF. We offer professional customer support by senior software engineers in 4 timezones, and are always here to help you troubleshoot any issues.